Tax season is here! So, let’s take a look at important 2024 tax deadlines, when you can file taxes, and the benefits of filing your taxes early.
Tax Deadlines 2024
|Extension on Deadline
|Individuals (1040/Schedule C)
|C Corporations (1120)
|Passthrough Entities (1120S/1065)
|Exempt Organizations (990)
|Foreign Holdings Reporting
Quarterly Estimated Payment Deadlines
- April 15, 2024 – Q1 Payment Due
- June 17, 2024 – Q2 Payment Due
- September 16, 2024 – Q3 Payment Due
- January 15, 2025 – Q4 Payment Due
Can You File Taxes Early in 2024?
Yes! The IRS will start accepting tax returns as early as the end of January 2024. While our clients are not required to submit documents early, clients must submit all documents by Friday, March 15 to ensure we file by the individual deadline of April 15th, 2024.
The Benefits of Filing Taxes Early
Here are a few major benefits of filing your taxes early:
|Avoid processing delays
|Faster tax refund
|Eliminates the need to file an extension
|Prevents money wasted in fines and penalties
|Gives you extra time to pay taxes you owe
|Protects your refunds from identity thieves
Tips to Ensure Timely Completion and Filing:
Here are a few tips to ensure we can complete your return in a timely manner:
1. Submit All Documents
Again this year, please submit all documents to us via client portal or dropping off at the office as soon as
you can. The turnaround time is shorter with more planning opportunities the earlier you can provide documents, however clients must submit by Friday, March 15 to ensure we file by the individual deadline. Failure to complete an organizer could cause significant delays in finalizing your return. We have printed copies and digital, editable PDFs versions available. We will continue to file courtesy extensions for all clients who have not finalized their return by the tax deadlines.
2. Fill Out Current Year Tax Organizer
We require all clients, new and old, to fill out a current year tax organizer to ensure we are capturing all tax law changes. Fill out current year tax organizer and download our compliance letter here:
3. Organize Documents
The better organized your source documents are, the quicker we can start on your return. If sending electronically, PDFs are preferable. We recommend downloading the app Genius Scan which uses your phone camera to scan and create PDFs.
Note: If dropping off hard copies, please remove documents from sealed envelopes
4. Completing rental and business worksheets
Completing rental and business worksheets decreases turnaround time.
5. Next Steps
- Once we have your source documents, you will be added to our project queue, and your tax preparer will reach out if further information is needed.
- When your return is complete, you will receive a summary email from your tax preparer with the results. As always, a 20-minute meeting to review your completed tax return will be available if requested. This will ensure you get the most out of your consultation by focusing on the results and opportunities for the coming year.
- The operations team will then follow up with further instructions on how to sign, file your return, and pay any taxes owed.
Video Tutorial on How-to electronically sign returns
Please call or email our office with any questions, extension requests or if you have made other arrangements for the upcoming tax season. Please note important deadlines above.
Tax Season Is Upon Us! File Your Taxes Early with Fisher, P.A.
Ensuring 2024 tax compliance doesn’t have to be complex. At Fisher, P.A., our tax compliance accountants have extensive experience in current laws and regulations and can help file your 2024 taxes early. Get in touch with us today to get started!