Individual Tax Compliance
Most taxpayer’s biggest concerns are:
- Am I paying more taxes than I have to?
- Will my tax preparer get to know me, ask the right questions and proactively identify tax opportunities for me?
Our team of tax accountants understands how important this is to our clients and the value we can add when we make sure these concerns are addressed. Your tax preparer and tax support team make it easy to reach us any time of the year for quick tax questions.
Starting at $600
Starting at $1400
Tax and Audit Representation
Starting at $350/hr
We are happy to prepare a formal engagement with review of your prior year return. Tax and audit representation is billed hourly with one of our CPAs.
During your tax service with our firm you can expect:
- Upfront pricing with no surprise fees
- Timely, pre-scheduled work so you can rely on your requested due dates
- Review meetings or phone calls scheduled at the beginning or end of tax preparation according to your needs
- Current tax questions answered
- Summary of your current tax year and advice for the upcoming year
- Quality review prior to final filing to check for accuracy
- Follow up with tax planning needs identified during preparation
Partnering with our firm to properly report your individual income tax and business information will ensure that your reporting is consistent and accurate. We can catch valuable carryover capital losses, unused charitable contributions, foreign tax credits or passive activity losses are never lost or overlooked. We can see the bigger picture and form a plan far beyond the scope of a tax software application.
Partner with us and you will see, the tax savings opportunities we find and peace of mind we provide our clients, far out weigh the costs of the service.
Current individual tax topics:
How do I set up my rental through Airbnb, VRBO or Home Away?
Most rental properties are set up on a schedule E and the income is considered passive which means it is not subject to self-employment income. Depreciation of the space needs to be calculated for a deduction each year. Other typical expenses may include:
- Mortgage Interest
- Property Taxes
- Supplies (Example: coffee, toilet paper, cleaning products)
- Repairs & Maintenance
- Landscaping & Cleaning
- Travel Costs
- Merchant & Bank Fees
- Occupancy Taxes
When losses are created by rental properties, the tax code contains further regulations to determine deductibility against ordinary income.
How do I set up my new business and know what is deductible?
Starting your own business is an exhilarating experience; it’s the compliance requirements that are not so much. Unless you have set up a specific business entity, the default for reporting your business income is the schedule C of your 1040 income tax return. Organization is key to getting your tax return prepared correctly. Gather the following documents:
- Business Bank Statements
- Business Credit Card statements
- Payroll Reports
- Asset purchases
- Mileage Journals and Vehicle Information
Deductions can vary greatly from one business type to another. It is important to ask your tax accountant and maintain the records if in doubt. We provide our clients with tax deductions customized over the years and tailored to their business. The tax code is enormous and if applied correctly, can result in a vast amount of tax savings opportunities.