Business Valuations & Calculations
Business owners often need to have a preliminary value of their business prepared to make well informed decisions regarding ownership, buy and sell opportunities, succession planning and estate planning.
Calculations of value can be used for a variety of reasons and can be a less expensive alternative to a formal business valuation. Business valuations have required procedures, valuation methods and offer an opinion of value which makes these reports more appealing to third parties.
Helping Businesses Make the Best Decisions
Our team of business advisors provide these services so that our clients know how they are positioned in the market place and can begin negotiating a deal from a knowledgeable position. Our business advisors can explain the many uses for these reports such as:
- Management internal use before marketing or selling
- Business ownership interest
- Calculation of an intangible asset (trademarks, copyrights, proprietary processes, etc.)
- Determining economic damages of an event
- Assisting attorneys in litigation
- Determine value of marital property
- Preparation of personal financial statements
- Assistance with 83(b) elections
- Estate and gift tax purposes
- Rental property purchases
What Should You Expect from Business Valuation Services Provided by Our Business Advisory Team
The Calculation of Value report will:
- Identify the client and purpose
- Identify the subject of interest, sources of information used and valuation approaches to be used
- Identify the businesses degree of marketability
- Identify the purposed and intended use of the calculated value
- Identify the intended users of the report and the limitations of its use
- Provide a date of calculation
Our business advisors will evaluate your needs and discuss the different valuation approaches that can be used and the pros and cons to each method. Your custom report is prepared with the end use in mind and a summary explaining the findings.